Wiki Diabetes Education performed in physician office

Erin9401

New
Best answers
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help. Non Medicare Patient. New Diabetes DX. Pharmacist inside of Family Practice performed Diabetes Education . Providing Meal Planning handouts and Going over prescriptions use for diabetes and diet details. We cannot bill under then pharmacist but the overseeing physician has signed off. I'm a little confused on the CPT code I should be using. I'm thinking 99211 but i would like to get assistance before proceeding. Thanks!

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help. Non Medicare Patient. New Diabetes DX. Pharmacist inside of Family Practice performed Diabetes Education . Providing Meal Planning handouts and Going over prescriptions use for diabetes and diet details. We cannot bill under then pharmacist but the overseeing physician has signed off. I'm a little confused on the CPT code I should be using. I'm thinking 99211 but i would like to get assistance before proceeding. Thanks!
our practice billed our pharmacist visits as 99211.

Hi Erin💊
Our practice uses CPT 99605-99607 for new and established patients in order to monitor meds/prescriptions reviewed by the Pharmacist. This is a way to respond for questions and suggestion on how to take medications. We do have the attending phys. in noted in agreement and sometimes use dx Z51.81 plus dx of ongoing illness. If the pharmacist calls pt. as QHP can use CPT codes 98966 to 98968 for est. patients or caretakers. Ensure on med documentation pt. gave permission and display minutes of phone call.
I hope this data helps you.
Lady T:)