Wiki Experienced Professional Seeking Part-Time Opportunity for CPC-A

Morella1

Contributor
Best answers
Hello, I am currently in the process of obtaining my CPC certification through AAPC. I have 10 years of professional experience in multiple healthcare settings and therapeutic areas in Clinical Research, with extensive experience working with medical records, data management and regulatory affairs. I am in Columbus, Ohio and am beginning to explore job openings now with the hopes of finding a part-time position immediately upon or even before certification. Thank you very much.
Sincerely
Kara Morella

Attachments

• Kara Morella 2023.pdf
    369.3 KB · Views: 20
Hello, I am currently in the process of obtaining my CPC certification through AAPC. I have 10 years of professional experience in multiple healthcare settings and therapeutic areas in Clinical Research, with extensive experience working with medical records, data management and regulatory affairs. I am in Columbus, Ohio and am beginning to explore job openings now with the hopes of finding a part-time position immediately upon or even before certification. Thank you very much.
Sincerely
Kara Morella

I think Columbus has a pretty active chapter. I've attended at least one of their virtual meetings, and I know they have a chapter Facebook page where they share information. I think it is titled AAPC Columbus Ohio Chapter Group, or something like that? They could be a good resource - I see them share job opportunities around Columbus pretty frequently.

Do you have a specific area of coding that you'd like to get into? I see you have experience working for the cancer center - wasn't sure if you were interested in oncology coding or open to any type of coding. (I work in oncology, but all of our coders live in the Toledo metro area.)

I do know someone who hires CPC-A in Ohio, and I often refer my chapter members to her. Remind me to connect you with her after you officially pass the exam. I don't think she has current openings right now anyhow, but by the time you take the exam in November she might.

By the way, you can participate in chapter events and engage with your chapter even if you haven't taken the exam yet. Student or uncertified AAPC members are still members. Just wanted to make sure you knew that!

Even though student/uncertified AAPC members don't have a CEU requirement, there still can be value in establishing connections and networking.

Thank you so much for replying so quickly! While I have always been particularly interested in psychology, neurology, neonatal care and emergency/trauma, in all honesty find just about every therapeutic areas so fascinating I think I would enjoy coding in any of them. I will definitely check out the Facebook group and keep an eye on the local chapter events. Thank you again and I will definitely reach out to you again when I obtain my certification.

Hello! I just wanted to follow up on our previous conversation, as I have now completed my certification training and exam. You mentioned that you have a connection with someone in the area who may know of opportunities for CPC-A's. I have attached my resume for your convenience and would greatly appreciate it if you would forward it to any connections you may have. Thank you so much and Happy New Year!

Attachments

• Kara Morella CPC.pdf
    117.8 KB · Views: 4