• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Follow up for resolved condition

Best answers
I have an encounter to code that has me stumped. The patient was seen for a follow up for thrush. Patient Had no other problems and the thrush was resolved. We cannot code for resolved conditions, would I code 99212 with a v67.9 unspecified follow-up examination? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :):confused:

dmaec

True Blue
Best answers
I would code the thrush - it's why they're coming in - (thankfully, it's gone) but they had it, and are coming in because of it, for follow up. I'd code the Vcode secondary (if at all)
{that's my opinion on the posted matter}

ARCPC9491

True Blue
Best answers
I agree with Donna.
If it is resolved, why did the patient come in. The provider must need to confirm it has resolved - hence the follow up for thrush. This is the reason why the patient came in and I'd bill the thrush diagnosis - no V code.
The unlisted follow up V code described seems, to me, that no diagnosis/problem/symptom/complaint/etc was documented - leaving the coder to use 'an unlisted icd9 code' must like the 'unlisted procedure codes'.