Wiki Fracture Care followup specifics

mamador2

Best answers
I've clashed w/my boss on the specifics of whether or not followup X-rays are included in the followup 90 day global for this radius w/ulnar fracture w/closed treatment, I'm using code 25560, no manipulation, with casting.
Need to know if the followup x-rays can be billed separately (please provide source material if possible) under Aetna plan, and also, can I report the casting supplies/administration of casting separately.

I don't have CPT assistant so I can't get all the cool tips the easy way :/

Any answers to these specifics is most appreciated, I work in a privately owned outpatient clinic, out of network

Initial casting and strapping is bundled in the fx care. Ill defer the x-ray question to someone else but, I'm fairly certain its bundled as its expected one will always need an x-ray to make sure everything is healing properly that its part of global as well.

awesome, thanks for the input, keeping it open in hopes of finding an answer a bit more conclusive on the x-rays bc i have heard that it is billable separately but the coder side of me wants a specific answer before I just don't bill them and miss out on some money

If only I read that sooner. I still had that document up from the last post I commented on :) I guess its a good thing I said fairly certain, leaving room for error :p