Going Remote

Gemini18

Expert
Best answers
Hey Guys -

I just got out of a meeting with my manager and the CEO of the company. We were discussing my position (I'm an Auditor) being remote. The last person that was in my position was remote but never did the work correctly. She wasn't being monitored so audits were not going out on time nor consistently. They were basically saying -- how could they monitor the workflow.

I need some ideas to put into a presentation. I have valid reasons since we are growing and the office space is starting to be limited, I thought this was a good way to start.

I need some other avenues to present, I don't think using the --I could stay home with my son would work. I am the only auditor here, so its not a matter of senority.

Thanks.

I would keep a log or spreadsheet of the records that you audit - send it to them daily, weekly, monthly or whenever they want, they can compare against what they sent you. I think it's important to be able to easily say - well on the 1st I did 100 audits, the 2nd, 58...instead of "oh let me get back to you" You're accountable obviously, you definitely need to be organized for remote, which I'm sure you are, you need to prove to them you are producing while at home while enjoying your son, of course :) but don't include that in your presentation :)

Thank you

Thanks AR -

For those kind words.

YES - I am very organized. My last job I had to code at least 100 per day, so I know this would not be a problem and I'm coding about that now (if the charts are legible and all the information is there). I just don't want them to compare me to the last auditor. Even though, they have given me praises already in the few months I've been here. Its so funny, when I interviewed here, they asked if I could could at least 50 a day (I laughed inside). I thought they were kidding but they were basing it on the last auditor.

I really want to break away from the comparision and do what I do.

I think that you should first, find and review with them measurememt options of how to measure your success and productivity of the position, think of it and address it before they do. It puts you in control of the situation and also make it seem like you are being proactive.

You already know the answer because you just said it! "They asked me to do 50 a day...I can do 100 per day"...you need to prove that to them! Do you have proof of doing 100 per day? How about a letter from your last job? You need to sell yourself, document your accomplishments, what you can do, what you can offer to the company, you are valuable, but do they KNOW that? How about asking them the productivity of the last auditor? I'd even through that in - "well she was only doing 50, I'm doing atleast 100 and my accuracy rate is 100%" then they will eliminate any comparision they may be making. good luck! I hope all goes well!