Wiki Heart cath code sheet 2013

Hi Rhonda,
I am new to the Cardio billing world and would love any tools you may have to assist me. My email is gjjaaron@juno.com. I am coding pacemakers/caths so far. 2013 seems to have many changes. Any cheat sheets you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Judy

Rhonda, will you send me the cheat sheet you have for 2013 for Cardio billing as well. I am also new to Cardio coding and any information you can share would be appreciated. I am trying to code a left heart cath with grafts and ventriculargram. My email is cindyw@alhnet.org. Thank you.
Cindy

Cardiac Cath's done in the Hospital cath lab please advise for my primary cpt code for a left heart cath I would bill out 93452.. Would I have to place a 26 Modifier if our physicians are performing the heart cath and reading it as well?

Dee

Cardiac Catheterization Procedures HELP

If our physicians are scheduling an elective catheterization done within the cardiac cath lab at the hospital would I use a 26 modifier on my primary catheterization CPT codes?

Dee

Modifier---26

If our physicians are scheduling an elective catheterization done within the cardiac cath lab at the hospital would I use a 26 modifier on my primary catheterization CPT codes?

Dee

Yes you have to use 26 for diagnostic Catherine,when dr does stent ,put a,atherctomy etc treatment you don't use M 26 , but we should use regarding the coronary vessel

additional question

:confused: we're relatively new to coding cardio procedures and are unsure if 93454 can be billed more than once with appropriate modifiers if the provider accessed multiple vessels ? ie: started w/the suprarenal aorta, then went to the abdominal aorta, withdrew completely & proceeded to the contralateral left common iliac vessel. Then crossover angiography with interactive runoff to the foot was performed. Cath was withdrawn again and entrance site angiography was performed of the right limb with interactive runoff to the foot.
This is probably simple, but we can't get our thoughts straight on this one. Any help would be appreciated. And Rhonda, if you could send a copy of any helpful billing sheets for caths to tsihler@selmamed.com , we would be grateful.

Last edited:
cardiac catheterisation code sheet

Can anyone send me a cpoy of cardiac catheterisation code list. I need it urgently. We are having lots of denials and coding issues. Any help is really appreciated.
email- beena.mujumdar@gmail.com
Thanks,

Cardiac Cath Code Sheet

Rhonda,

Could you please send me a copy of your cardiac cath code sheet when you get a chance? I would like to update ours and would appreciate it.

My email address is: laura.porter@jamahealthcare.com

Thank you,

Laura L. Porter, CPC
Jamestown Area Medical Associates

Cath coding sheet

I am searching for 2014 Cath coding sheet if anyone would be so kind as to share a cheat sheet and or charge sheet for either in office or hospital. Thank you. dar2@Ymail.com

Has anyone who has recently requested a "cheat sheet" gotten anything yet? I have not, just curious. I requested one on 3/19.

Glenn

Hello Rhonda,

I am starting a new position at a cardiology office and I read your forum and would appreciate a cheat sheet for cardiology/Interventional billing or any other literature that you would be willing to share. Please email: shell359@comcast.net.

Thanks so much!

Michele

Cheat sheet

Rhonda - If I could get a copy of your cheat sheet (Cath primarily but if you have more IR, EP...)

and

Christie - if you could send a sample of the cath billing slip you use

I'd be indebted to both of you forever. My email: Mary.Irving@hhs.sccgov.org