• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Wiki ICD10 Code for Non-ischemic Cardiomyopathy

Community Wiki

This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on AAPC for 30 days and have made 5 posts. Learn More
G
ICD-10 Code for Non-ischemic Cardiomyopathy

There are four ICD-10 codes for non-ischemic cardiomyopathy. Choose which code supports the documentation in the medical record:

• I42.0 Dilated cardiomyopathy (congestive)
• I42.5 Other restrictive cardiomyopathy (constrictive cardiomyopathy)
• I42.8 Other cardiomyopathies
• I42.9 Cardiomyopathy, unspecified
Best answers
What is the appropriate ICD10 code for non-ischemic cardiomyopathy? It doesn't seem like it should be the unspecified code for cardiomyopathy. Would the code I42.8 other cardiomyopathies be the best code? Thanks!

cgbar

Networker
Best answers
Good day. My question is how do you get to the I42.8 code going through the Alpha index? I do not see anything that is "Specified NEC" that would take you to the I42.8. My research shows there are 4 types of non-ischemic cardiomyopathy (this is according to the Cleveland Clinic) Dilated, Hypertrophic, Restrictive, and ARVD. All four types have a different Numeric code.

Just curious as to what I am missing?

Thanks,
Glenn

Best answers
ICD 10 code for nonischemic cardiomyopathy

Good day. My question is how do you get to the I42.8 code going through the Alpha index? I do not see anything that is "Specified NEC" that would take you to the I42.8. My research shows there are 4 types of non-ischemic cardiomyopathy (this is according to the Cleveland Clinic) Dilated, Hypertrophic, Restrictive, and ARVD. All four types have a different Numeric code.

Just curious as to what I am missing?

Thanks,
Glenn
Hi Good evening I am working in HCC we use ICD 10 code for nonischemic cardiomyopathy is I42.9. Thank you.

With Regards,
Naveen Chinnam M.sc COC.