ICD10 Code for Non-ischemic Cardiomyopathy

Best answers
What is the appropriate ICD10 code for non-ischemic cardiomyopathy? It doesn't seem like it should be the unspecified code for cardiomyopathy. Would the code I42.8 other cardiomyopathies be the best code? Thanks!

Good day. My question is how do you get to the I42.8 code going through the Alpha index? I do not see anything that is "Specified NEC" that would take you to the I42.8. My research shows there are 4 types of non-ischemic cardiomyopathy (this is according to the Cleveland Clinic) Dilated, Hypertrophic, Restrictive, and ARVD. All four types have a different Numeric code.

Just curious as to what I am missing?

Thanks,
Glenn

ICD 10 code for nonischemic cardiomyopathy

Good day. My question is how do you get to the I42.8 code going through the Alpha index? I do not see anything that is "Specified NEC" that would take you to the I42.8. My research shows there are 4 types of non-ischemic cardiomyopathy (this is according to the Cleveland Clinic) Dilated, Hypertrophic, Restrictive, and ARVD. All four types have a different Numeric code.

Just curious as to what I am missing?

Thanks,
Glenn

Hi Good evening I am working in HCC we use ICD 10 code for nonischemic cardiomyopathy is I42.9. Thank you.

With Regards,
Naveen Chinnam M.sc COC.

I work in Cardiology and see this a lot. We tend to use I42.8 for it unless the dr specifies exactly which one it would be.