Wiki Is The Buttocks Considier Posterior Trunk Or Extremy Codes

I'd say the buttocks are considered "trunk" at least by all the codes I've seen....
what's the dispute?
auditors say trunk or extremity??

Posterior trunk in my opinion--

Try this link. You may need to copy and paste this in the internet address field. Don't put www. in front of it. It doesn't seem to like that. (This is a very short power point presentation on anatomical locations)

step.nn.k12.va.us/science/Anat/ppt/Position.ppt

I'm seeing both...if you are looking at the muscles it is considered extremity, but if you look at something like burns it is part of the trunk?? What is it for??

we are trying to find the documentation to support ours before we dispute it...we all agree its the posterior trunk....just trying to find out if we are off base

even the CPT codes - say for lesion removal - "include" the buttocks in the truck area ....etc...and rebeccas links - perfect - AND, I agree with mbort - if they argue - ask for their informational proof -
and then share it with all of us - :)

buttocks

i would say it's not trunk. when i look at codes 682.5 and 682.2, they give buttocks it's own code and they do not combine it with "trunk".?

Well...then we can agree that it's a matter of interpretation. I've asked a couple of providers, with different specialties, and received the same opinion. In either case, I think the original poster does have a leg to stand on (no pun intended).

lol....funny rebecca ;)

I'd still say CPT procedure code"wise" it'll fall under the "trunk" - ICD-9 dx code"wise" ...it's definitely more specified as to site... for some codes - in that area, 682.xx it's even specific as leg, except foot - foot, except toes....etc.....

GOOD MORNING !

It's trunk. For CPT 27057 (decompression fasciotomy, pelvic (buttock) compartment...) ASA crossover is 00300 - Anesthesia for all procedures on the integumentary system, muscles and nerves of head, neck and posterior trunk, not otherwise specified.