Wiki Just Certified

ldjohnson

Best answers
Hello,

Just recently been certified through Ahima as a CCA and still is unable to find a job in the ATlanta, Ga area. I tried to go on the project extern, and none of the facilities responded back. I 'm starting to lose hope in the field that I have worked hard to accomplish last year. I am seeking any advise from anyone who has been in the game longer than I have.

Certified as CCA

I too am certified for my CCA from AHIMA.
My question is How do I get the "A" off or do I have to take the CCS also? How do I go about getting my CCS with AHIMA? Do I write AHIMA a letter or my supervisior to let them know I have over 2 yrs of experience.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lynn

I too am certified for my CCA from AHIMA.
My question is How do I get the "A" off or do I have to take the CCS also? How do I go about getting my CCS with AHIMA? Do I write AHIMA a letter or my supervisior to let them know I have over 2 yrs of experience.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lynn

You don't get the "A" off with Ahima, that is with AAPC. You will have to sit and take the CCS or CCS-P exam.

You'd fill out the exam form just like you do for the CCA exam. And of course pay another fee for that certification exam.

good luck

Any luck?

I see you posted 6 months ago and wondered if you have yet found employment. I have just gained my CCA but have no expectations of finding a job. I will probably continue to study in my own time...can't afford college, and try for CCS-P exam next year. Of course, I have no experience so even then I probably won't find employment but it might just increase my chances a bit.
Good luck