Wiki Medical Mastermind classic billing software and anesthesia billing

Best answers
At the Ambulatory surgical facility where I work, we are experiencing problems when billing for anethesia services to Medical Assistance and Other Medicaid MCOs. Our anesthesia time minutes are being overwritten to be one minute regardless of the anesthesia time we input in our billing software (Medical Mastermind classic) box 24G in CMS 1500 form. This one minute is what is being forwarded to the insurance company for payment. We are getting paid between $20 to $40 dollars less per case. Is anybody else having this problem? We have contacted the company and we were told we are the only facility having this issue, however, it is a programming issue. This issue started to happen after the ICD-10 update.

At the Ambulatory surgical facility where I work, we are experiencing problems when billing for anethesia services to Medical Assistance and Other Medicaid MCOs. Our anesthesia time minutes are being overwritten to be one minute regardless of the anesthesia time we input in our billing software (Medical Mastermind classic) box 24G in CMS 1500 form. This one minute is what is being forwarded to the insurance company for payment. We are getting paid between $20 to $40 dollars less per case. Is anybody else having this problem? We have contacted the company and we were told we are the only facility having this issue, however, it is a programming issue. This issue started to happen after the ICD-10 update.

It has to be because the insurance type is Medicaid if it is only happening with those particular insurance companies. Try sending one claim out but before you generate the batch, switch the type of insurance (in the update insurance company field) to commercial to see if this will solve your problem. The only thing I am worried about is if it will change the POS or something else which is hard coded in the program for insurances typed as Medicaids. That is why I want you to try to send one claim. I will take a look and see what the electronic file looks like to see what is happening behind the scenes.