Wiki Medicare Flu Vaccine Codes

jojokat

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone know what happened to HCPCS codes Q2036 and Q2038 for the flu vaccines for Medicare this year?:( In looking on the CMS website for the seasonal flu vaccine allowed amounts and effective dates (8/1/16 - 7/31/17) and all of the flu vaccine CPT codes are listed, but the Medicare Q-codes for this year are only Q2035, Q2037, and Q2039. A couple of our clinics have received the Fluzone Q2038 and/or Fluarix already so the question is do our clinics need to utilize the CPT codes for the appropriate vaccine or use the Q2039 for the unspecified vaccine? We know that the 90662, the high dose flu vaccine, is to be used for all payers including Medicare/Medicare Advantage payers.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

flu vaccine question

I was just informed that one of my provides will be doing flu vaccines. Can you bill an office visit with a 25 modifier along with the vaccine and admin codes? Also would the diagnosis code be Z23 and the POS 11?

Any help is appreciated.

I was just informed that one of my provides will be doing flu vaccines. Can you bill an office visit with a 25 modifier along with the vaccine and admin codes? Also would the diagnosis code be Z23 and the POS 11?

Any help is appreciated.

You can only bill an office visit is there is a problem that needs to be addressed. If the patient comes in solely for the vaccine, then no office visit should be charged.