Wiki New CPC-A looking for employment

AudCo2020!

Networker
Best answers
I passed the cpc exam in December and have been actively looking for employment and I must say I am feeling disappointed in all the coding jobs I see. They all want 2+ years experience and how are we supposed to get any experience if no one will hire us? I've applied to probably 18 jobs in the last 2 weeks and have heard nothing yet. I was so happy I passed my exam on the first attempt and excited to apply for a job but I am already thinking I need more training based on what I am seeing. I did a lot of research before I enrolled in AAPC's course and everything I read said medical coding was a job in demand. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Answer

Hi, I would suggest you talk with your physician office or family doctor and ask them for an internship im located in Detroit I found a doctor that does it.

rherhe1017@gmail.com

There is a post located on here from a Rep with a company called Inovalon encouraging CPC-A coders to apply with 0-5 years experience. The only request is that you are certified. www.careers-inovalon.icims.com They are hiring another Coding Class mid March....check them out. Good Luck