Wiki New ICD9 book for 2013

phxshadow9

Best answers
Does anyone know if there are new codes in the upcoming release? Or were there new ones added?

My books are not going to arrive until late December, so I want to know if I can still use my old books until then.

thanks
Janice

We haven't received our books yet either since they are just in shipment. You can Google 2013 ICD-9 codes or code changes and get what you need. That is how we always got our list early through CMS. Hope that helps!

There is only one change this year in the ICD-9 codes and that's an ICD-9 procedure code. Everything else will stay the same so unless you just want a new book with 2013 on it, you won't need to buy one.

"CPT copyright 2010 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association."

2013 ICD 9 CM Changes (Effective October 1, 2012)

There are no new or revised or deleted ICD-9-CM diagnosis codes effective for October 1, 2012. There are no revised or deleted ICD-9-CM procedure codes effective for October 1, 2012.

New ICD 9 Procedure code effective October 1, 2012 is 00.95 Injection or infusion of glucarpidase

Reference: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/...ds/FY2013-FR-TABLE-6B-NEW-PROCEDURE-CODES.pdf