kjb11

New
Best answers
I just started working for Primary care and I need some help with the Billing and POS for a New NP in a different location.

In the process of hiring a New NP and she will be in a different location
1. New NP A she will use an OBGYN clinic on Wed and Thurs... The OB is closed on Wed.
Will the billing be POS 11 with a supervising physician with the servicing and billing address the same the same as my location or will the service location be different ( the space is not rented that I know of)

ALSO

1. There is already another NP B prim care inside of the OBGYN that has been there with est. patients and works MTTF and is employed by another Practice 2
2. The OBGYN wants the new NP A who will employed by Practice1 on that day to help NP B employed by Practice 2 see her patients as well.
3. NP A (as fill-in) and NP B are both currently on working for Practice2 with the same supervising provider

I explain that NP A can not go back and forth on Thursday and split care with two location in an 8 hour shift. Can not be in two places at one time and the days can be split or the shit can be split can be cut in half possibly but four hours for one then four on the other.

Any help please!

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'm completely understanding you. How the NP is compensated by the two practices is an internal matter on which the two practices may come to a mutual agreement. But for coding and billing purposes, unless one practice is renting space from the other where they are independently operating a satellite office (which it sounds like they are not doing), then the NP needs to bill from the location and under the tax ID of the practice where the patients are being seen because that is the practice that is incurring the expense to provide services to that patient. The NP cannot assign benefits to one practice when those services are rendered at a location that is owned and operated by a different practice.

Perhaps you may wish to try to persuade your providers that your practice's legal counsel should review any arrangement and draw up a written agreement between the two practices so that this is all clear and legitimate. There are potential legal/compliance pitfalls involved here and it would be worthwhile to make sure this is done correctly.

Ok Thanks, I did state to them that they needed a contract for renting the space for this new NP and to make sure this will work from a legal stance because its too much going on