Wiki nexplanon implant complicaition

angbart80

Contributor
Best answers
Ok... So I'm coding an xr that's looking for a missing nexplanon birth control implant. I can't find any complication for that particular birth control. What would you guys suggest? Otherwise it's an xr without any abnormal findings... I can't seem to find any other code to use, all the other birth control codes are for intrauterine devices. Ugh.

The closest code I can find

The closest code I can find is: T85.698A, Other mechanical complication of other specified internal prosthetic devices, implants and grafts, initial encounter. Is that seriously the closest thing they have for this? I mean, they have codes for being sucked into a jet engine and being bitten by a turtle and they DON'T have a code for a birth control implant?!

nexplanon implant complication

The closest code I can find is: T85.698A, Other mechanical complication of other specified internal prosthetic devices, implants and grafts, initial encounter. Is that seriously the closest thing they have for this? I mean, they have codes for being sucked into a jet engine and being bitten by a turtle and they DON'T have a code for a birth control implant?!

It is still nonspecific but you have a displacement so T85.628A (Displacement of other specified internal prosthetic devices, implants and grafts) appears appropriate.

Hope that helps,
Cindy