Wiki opportunities for newly-credentialed CPC-A?

adamburt

New
Best answers
Hi all. This is my first post.

I don't doubt that this question has been put out there a bunch of times already, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for someone in my position: credentialed for the first time (hence the apprentice status), *technically* no job experience in coding but nearly 4 years of experience in the medical field (primarily as a medical scribe for inpatient psychiatry, so I'm no stranger to medical records, diagnoses, etc.), looking for a foot-in-the-door into the coding world. I'm finding that most of the qualifications listed on job postings seem to require 1-2 years of experience in the field.

I know virtually no one else in this field so I've been kinda trying to figure this out on my own. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks! -- Adam

Not sure where you live but i would look for some places that may have an apprentice program that is the way i got my foot in the door
I know Banner health does the apprentice programs.
There may be a big medical facility that has hospital as well as physician offices that may have an Apprentice program. That is the way i am getting my training
It is a 6 month program and in the end will give you your on the job training as well as a position in a physicians office. I would check with any of the bigger facilities in your area to see if they
have anything like that. Good Luck dont give up just know there has got to be some kind of program out there to help you out

Thank you, gmdela. I truthfully had no idea such programs existed, so I will most certainly look into it! I'm in MN. Hopefully I'll have some success in my search.