Wiki ROS credit

Gemini18

Expert
Best answers
ROS says: "All other systems are reviewed and unremarkable".

I don't like unremarkable, should I give credit or not?

I don't have a problem with it. I've checked with my carrier and they do allow "All other systems are reviewed and unremarkable". I've instructed my providers to stay away from “noncontributory”. My carrier does not allow this statment.

I would check your carrier for their view.

I do NOT give credit for unremarkable. However, some carriers are more strict than others. If you train providers encourage them to say "negative" instead of "unremarkable" when appropriate.

I do agree with Karoline, also. If our region is awarded to our new MAC carrier...it appears they don't care for this verbiage. "All other ROS' reviewed and negative" is a safer approach.

A cautionary point to add, this statement only applies if the ROS for the affected areas are noted with a positive or negative response, then the statement can be used. To many times this statement is used in place of a ROS.

DG: At least ten organ systems must be reviewed. Those systems with
positive or pertinent negative responses must be individually
documented
. For the remaining systems, a notation indicating all other
systems are negative is permissible. In the absence of such a notation,
at least ten systems must be individually documented.​

Good point, Angela.
As with all documentation, the ROS must be medically necessary and using the term "all other systems negative" indicates that all systems were asked about and denied by the patient. If there was no inquiry to this extend then the statement cannot be used.