Wiki Seeking entry level position to gain enough experience SO I CAN CERTIFY!!!! RN for 25

magSOF57

Best answers
MARGARET KATHLEEN SOFFOS
7 Pine Tree Road, Cabot, AR 72023 katsof@mac.com
SUMMARY:
Seasoned RN with more than 30 years of experience in fast-paced acute care setting. Now disabled and seeking a position in Health Information Management.
I have recently completed courses in CPT, ICD9 and ICD 10 coding through UAMS.
I am eligible to take CPC exam and will do this within 90 days of employment. I have extensive nursing experience including maintain EMR, extracting data, improving documentation. I am also well trained in HIPPA privacy laws. I have expert level skills in Nephrology documentation.
As a manager I dealt directly with insurance, Medicare and Medicaid .I understand their requirements as well as internal QA requirements. I have a
track record of achieving exceptional results in patient outcomes that meet or exceed recommendations.
I would like to work for a team that is recognized as the leader in their area and promotes excellence.
My goal is to work with a group that collaborates but respects autonomy. I would like to become CDIP certified as soon as I have the required experience.

SKILLS:
I have held an active nursing license in the State of Arkansas since 1978, as an LPN
RN license from 1992 to present.
I have a current RN license in Arkansas and Nevada
BLS certified CNN certified by ANNA from 1994- 2008.
I have over 20 years experience as a Nurse Manager/ Supervisor. 
Strong computer skills. I have used electronic medical records since the early 90’s and have used numerous health software programs.
Skilled in all aspects of EMR from patient documentation on care plans and skilled nursing notes. Experience in retrieving clinical data to support patient enrollment in ESRD programs. Experienced in compiling data for denied claims.
I am skilled at reviewing lab studies for patient care and documentation purposes. I also have transferrable skills in auditing these records to generate needed data for internal and external quality assurance records.
Over 20 years experience in direct client care.

EXPERIENCE:
Clinical Supervisor RN part-time May 2015 -Present New Beginnings Care Lonoke, AR
Recently returned to work and I am currently working part-time as a clinical supervisor. I work Tuesdays and Thursdays 1p-8p and every other weekend. Duties include: supervision of nursing staff on duty with clinical problems and questions and being sure they have adequate break time by physically relieving them on the floor.
Doing new admission assessments and interim admissions assessments by physical assessment and entering these assessments into the EMR, along with physician orders, setting up MAR and TAR and writing progress notes.
Reviewing 24 hour report. Rounding on all residents and addressing any concerns and issues. Checking on skilled care patient’s clinical needs, such as IV therapy, 02 therapy, PEG feeding, I/O issues or other clinical needs.
Addressing abnormal lab results and x-ray results and communicating with physician and attending staff.
Reviewing TAR and MAR and addressing missed medication. or incorrect orders. Reviewing documentation for completeness.
Completing internal documents such as I/A reports, equipment logs, crash cart logs, med room logs,
Nurse Manager Peritoneal (Home) Program Jan 2000 -Sep 2007 Little Rock Dialysis Little Rock, AR
Managed all aspects of patient care and physical operation of outpatient dialysis unit(80-100 pt) in collaboration with other department heads, disciplines and medical director.
Hired, fired reviewed performance of and scheduled staff.
Wrote all policies and procedure for adoption of governing body.
Reviewed Quality Indicators as dictated by federal and state agencies and made a plan of action (care) to meet or exceed guidelines.
Communicated with patient staff and families on a daily basis to ensure that clients were happy with plan of care and they were compliant with this plan.
Completed all monthly required internal technical reports and external government reports.
Assessed all new and established patients monthly by myself or by overseeing delegated care by my staff.
Traveled as necessary for corporate meeting and meetings helped by my industry to stay current with new and developing issues within my industry.

Maintained Certification as Nephrology Nurse as dictated by ANNA to keep myself abreast and current, Certification requires 60 hrs every 2 years.
Maintained care plans, EMR's and other documentation on equipment, contract services, personnel files, and any other items required by state auditors. Developed POA's to correct deficiencies when necessary.
Directly reported to nurse manager for region and regional administrator.
Hemodialysis Unit Manager
Little Rock Dialysis/Pine Bluff Unit
Peritoneal Dialysis Nurse Manager Little Rock Dialysis/Pine Bluff Unit
LPN staff nurse
Little Rock Dialysis/BMA
LPN agency nurse, home health nurse
Various Temp Agencies (Upjohn Home Health, ABC Home Health, SVI)
Worked for various local staffing agencies as staff relief and private in home care. I also did skilled nursing visits for Medicare and private pay insurance companies.
LPN floor staff medical surgical Arkansas Children's Hospital
REFERENCES:
Available upon request
EDUCATION:
Bachelor of Science : BS Nursing not yet complete Arkansas Technical University
Diploma in Registered Nursing : Nursing Baptist School of Nursing
LPN
Southern Arkansas University
UAMS online coding classes CPT, ICD9 ICD10
AFFILIATION
Current member AAPC

AACCN American Nephrology Nursing Association Served on Nursing Advisory Board for FMC Member of International Society Peritoneal Dialysis 1992-2007