Wiki Share Your Favorite Coding Resources

Thanks a Bunch!!

:DThank you to everyone for all of the valuable information!! I have been using the one web site all day. I'm trying to self-teach myself hospital coding and the tools that you provided here are invaluable!! I am very grateful!

Procedures codes allowing TC/PC?

Can someone please direct me to the links that lists the CPT codes and indicates wheather or not TC or PC can be billed with them. I am not sure of the proper name of this list. I can not find this information and have searched everywhere. I am looking specifically for Pathology and Lab CPT codes. :(
Thanks in advance!

One of my favorite lab test/coding sites:

www.labcorp.com

In regards to the above question:

Can someone please direct me to the links that lists the CPT codes and indicates wheather or not TC or PC can be billed with them. I am not sure of the proper name of this list. I can not find this information and have searched everywhere. I am looking specifically for Pathology and Lab CPT codes.
Thanks in advance!

Go to the cms website....

http://www.cms.gov/PhysicianFeeSched/PFSRVF/list.asp?listpage=4

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Resources for Radiology Coding

I've recently changed from OB/GYN billing to Radiology and needing resources to get me through this learning curve. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

cpt code for applying a sling

I was taught where I work not pick for a sling but I'm doing a assessment test to keep up my skills. I would like to clear this with one of my coworker that we do not pick it up but they want to be right all the time. :confused:

codapedia.com

great for looking up icd 9 and icd 10 and also has excellent articles

also my webster medical dicttionary comes in handy everyday.

Netter's atlas of Human Anatomy for CPT coding

I utilize this alot!

http://www.icd9data.com/

It also has conversions to ICD-10, I highly recommend this site.

Hi,

I have applied for CPMA exam, exam is by next week. Can you guid me through this, regarding how will be the exam like, auditing tool, FAQs and which section to answer first to manage the time?
I need some advise.

Thanks in advance
Natarajan Chellamuthu, CPC.

CPMA exam

Hi,

I have applied for CPMA exam, exam is by next week. Can you guid me through this, regarding how will be the exam like, auditing tool, FAQs and which section to answer first to manage the time?
I need some advise.

Thanks in advance
Natarajan Chellamuthu, CPC.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong. You've paid to take the CPMA next week and you now want to know what the exam is like? I feel you may be a little unprepared but perhaps I'm wrong. I presume you've learned all the regulations regarding documentation requirements, know all about Stark Law, Rat-Stats, Incident to billing, different types of audit and how they are performed. If so, you should be fine. Take the audit tool of your choice and one you are familiar with because you'll use it a lot. Questions are not in sections, purely random throughout the exam.
Good luck.

Uremia with Hypertension Clarification

Hi All,

I have a doubt for reporting for the condition "Uremia with Hypertension"

As per Alphabetic Index Entry "Uremia >with >Hypertension (See also Hypertension, Kidney) 403.91"

When we check the code in Tabular List under fifth digit "1" explained as "with Chronic Kidney disease Stage V or end stage renal disease" and one "Use additional code" instruction to identify the stage of CKD as 585.5 or 585.6.

If there is no documentation of CKD or ESRD, how can we report uremia with hypertension as 403.91 solely?

Can anyone help me to clear this concern?

Thanks in advance
Prakash Ayyappan Nair - CPC

Don't forget the electronic

I found a couple of free apps on the Android Market that are also available for free on the Iphone -

E/M Basics - has all the E/M codes and the requirements for each, it also has a direct link to the CMS '95 & '97 Guidelines, the Medicare Audit Tool from TrailBlazer, as well as other documentation reference articles. My Hospitalist physicians love this app.

Also Find-A-Code for ICD-9CM/PCS and ICD-10 CM/PCS great reference tool on the fly when you don't have a book handy (much lighter too, not to mention the other cool McGyver-like tricks your Smartphone can perform).:D

Under $5 a month, 12 CEUs, FREE ICD-10 Webinars

BC Advantage Magazine covers all issues affecting the industry.
Plus you can earn up to 12 CEUs each year FREE with your subscription.

PLUS as a bonus offer you will also receive 4 hours of ICD-10 training (webinars) with your subscription at no additional cost.

All this for less than $5 a month.

http://www.billing-coding.com/subscribe

Lists of Resources

Hi, It's T
Very first time on and I'm looking for the best coding helper..taking a prep class for CPC. Thank you all for your time and imput. I will be checking them out.
April 2007 is incorrect join date-just joined recently.

Last edited: