Wiki Tikosyn/Dofetilide CPT codes???

Cpolisena

Contributor
Best answers
I am looking for help regarding the 3 day administration of Tikosyn/Dofetilide in the hospital setting. I have never heard of this till now and need help with the physician side of the CPT codes. I have researched online and have come up empty for the most part. I am aware that certain cpt codes for this procedure as a whole, only involve the facility. But I am ONLY looking for the physician side of this. The CPT book has made me believe that a lot of this depends on what the Dr. does himself, in person, direct supervision. 36440 is the only CPT code that I have a tiny bit of faith in using, as long as the Dr is the one inserting the cath. From here I am lost! PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks!!

Tikosyn loading

I am looking for help regarding the 3 day administration of Tikosyn/Dofetilide in the hospital setting. I have never heard of this till now and need help with the physician side of the CPT codes. I have researched online and have come up empty for the most part. I am aware that certain cpt codes for this procedure as a whole, only involve the facility. But I am ONLY looking for the physician side of this. The CPT book has made me believe that a lot of this depends on what the Dr. does himself, in person, direct supervision. 36440 is the only CPT code that I have a tiny bit of faith in using, as long as the Dr is the one inserting the cath. From here I am lost! PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks!!
There really is no CPT code to describe what is being done for these patients.
In order to give our providers some remuneration, we bill for the IP admit H&P, even though this is a scheduled admit.
This way the provider is at least paid something, and then we bill IP follow-up visits after that (usually 99233) since they are doing a lot of work to ensure safe dosage of these drugs.
We came up with this after consultation with our compliance department.
Usually a scheduled admit is not paid, because generally they are being admitted in order to have a procedure done which does pay...that is not the case here.
Hope this helps...anyone else able to comment/agree/disagree?

Awesome! Thank you all for replying. Sorta surprised there isn't a code for this. Though this is the first one I've seen in 5 years, so maybe it's just not as commonly used or performed. Thanks again ya'll!;)