Wiki Trying to find a new primary care billing system

Best answers
Our clinic is a combined mental health and primary care clinic. The EHR we are currently using (Carelogic) does not work well with the primary care clinic so we are trying to find a system that would make primary care billing easier. Our clinic is small and only has 2 primary care providers. We are in the process of becoming a FQHC so we use a sliding fee scale for all patients in addition to billing insurance so it is important that the system be able to implement the sliding scale. We would also really like to be able to be able to verify insurance and benefits through one system rather than having to call insurances or go to their websites. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

For FQHC you might want to look at E-Clinical Works, Allscripts, Next Gen. I work in FQHC and these are some I hear my colleagues state they use.

Look at Open Practice Solutions. I've used many different systems, and this is by far the easiest to learn. Eligibility is built in and they also own the clearinghouse which just makes things a whole lot easier.