Certified Surgical Foot & Ankle Coder (CSFAC™) Credential
The Certified Surgical Foot & Ankle Coder (CSFACâ„¢) credential was developed by AAPC in cooperation with the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) to provide a means for professional coders, podiatrists, orthopedists, and billing staff to demonstrate their expertise in coding medical services and surgical procedures performed on the foot and ankle.
The CSFAC™ is proficient in the following competencies:
- The ability to read and abstract physician office notes and procedure notes then apply correct ICD-10-CM, CPT®, HCPCS Level II codes, as well as apply correct modifiers
- Correct evaluation and management code usage using both 1995 and 1997 guidelines
- Medicare billing rules and regulations, including, but not limited to incident to, consultations, NCCI edits, and global surgery
- Coding of surgical procedures performed by foot and ankle specialists
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology of the lower extremity
NOTE: Due to significant recurring costs, as of May 8th, new exam registrants will no longer be able to test for this credential.