Wiki Cascc exam

alouie

Best answers
I Tried so hard on the exam and still failed. Can any one here give me some advise of how or what need to study in order to pass the exam?
Thank you!

Does AAPC still sell the CASCC exam prep course? It was years ago but that really helped me study for the exam. Do you have at least a fair competency with A+P (anatomy and physiology)? If not, that's something you can work on, especially if there are specialties you haven't coded before. Have you ever/how long have you been coding from op notes? I had already been coding at an ASC for 6 years when I passed the exam but I used every minute allowed to do it. Practice helps up your speed. Hope this helps.

Yes, AAPC does have material to prepare for the CASCC. Look under Specialty Coding Certifications and you will find information about the CASCC exam. I bought the bundle package (study guide+practice exam+exam) and I spoke with customer service yesterday and was told there was a delay with getting the study guide printed and it should be available next week. The practice exam you can take as many times as you want and the exam is good for 1 free re-take. I hope this helps and good luck!

Last edited:
I am actually studying for this exam now with hopes to take it in May. I am a little nervous as I have only minimal experience in Amb Surg accounts but I believe I can pass it. I bought the bundle myself (exam, practice exam, study guide) and it comes next week. I will be studying intently and taking that practice exam until I pass it flawlessly and get this credential. Good luck!!!