Wiki Certified Medical Coder seeking remote or onsite positions

sarahgrace11

Best answers
I have recently completed the AAPC online Medical Coding course and have received my CPC-A certification. I am looking to join a company that I can learn and grow with as well as apply the skills I have learned. I am open to remote and onsite positions. I have a quiet home office where I can work undisturbed. Below is a copy of my resume.

Sarah Hines
920 Armstrong Lane, Columbia, TN 38401 | (931) 215-3379 | sarahgrace11@charter.net
Self-directed with keen attention to detail. Logical and efficient medical coding professional with exceptional skills in abstracting information and assigning codes related to medicine, surgery, radiology and pathology. Working knowledge of official coding conventions and rules established by AMA. A meticulous individual with organizational skills. Highly motivated to work in team-oriented and collaborative environment.

CERTIFICATIONS
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC) – AAPC Online

EDUCATION
• Associates of Applied Sciences | Columbia State Community College, Columbia, TN – 2007
• High School Diploma | Spring Hill High School, Columbia, TN – 2005

WORK EXPERIENCE
• Desktop Support Analyst
Tennessee Farm Bureau Insurance, Columbia, TN | July 2012 – Present
o Install and support hundreds of employees’ computers.
o Participate in operating systems and software upgrade projects.
o Attend user calls on system software problems.
o Provide end user desk side and remote support.
o Support Windows, iPhone and iPad along with some MAC and Android.
o Manage tickets, work orders, problems and tasks within a structured ticket management system.
o Install, configure and troubleshoot basic software issues.
o Interact with other IT and non-IT teams to accomplish assigned tasks and tickets.
o Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
• Helpdesk Associate
Tennessee Farm Bureau Insurance, Columbia, TN | November 2008 – July 2012
o Answer and resolve inbound technical calls efficiently and professionally.
o Proficiently manage the resolution of inbound technical calls; balancing the need for customer service and issue resolution with the constraints of a call handle time goal.
o Demonstrate a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
o Diagnose hardware, software, printing, and network connectivity issues including LAN, WAN, and VPN access in a Windows XP and Windows 7 environment, offering a variety of level 1 to 1.5 solutions over the phone. Using remote control tools to assist customers when needed.
o Troubleshoot corporate applications with the use of a Knowledge Base and assign issues to the appropriate support group as needed.
o Meet or exceed statistical metrics regarding; ticket and call quality, first call resolution, schedule adherence, and call handle time.
o Adhere to policies and procedures regarding the safeguarding of protected information, such as personal health information (PHI/PII) and access to corporate systems.
o Escalate high priority, high impact issues to the internal support teams.

SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
• Exceptional paperwork and proofreading skills
• Able to comprehend common coding procedures
• Typing Speed: 60 WPM (300 CPM) using keyboard and 10-key by touch
• Computer: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email, Social Media
STRONG REFERENCES available