Heart cath code sheet 2013

staticsis2

Best answers
Hello coders,

New to Cardiology here, does anyone have a Cardiology Code sheet they would share with our office that would make it easier for charging cath's at the hospital including modifers etc.

I watched a video from Codingcertification.org / love the instructor however am unable to reach her for a copy of her Charge sheet she teaches with and probably sells. If anyone has something they could share it would be greatly appreciated.

Or if you know where I can obtain one I would appreciate that as well. :cool:

Please email if you do to me at dar2@ymail.com

Did you receive a sheet?

Did you receive the sheet you were requesting. I am running into denials from medicare on all of my stenting codes and if you have this sheet, I would so be indebt to you if you could email it to me at khesselb@yahoo.com

Thank you so much!!!!!

Charge Sheet Heart Cath's

No I am sorry I have sent so many requests and no one seems to respond. I know there is one out there somewhere that we can use. If you manage to get ahold of one let me know please. The Sheet from the instructor Laureen on codingcertification.org is a great tool however no one calls or responds back by email.

I have also tried putting a link out here for members to assist and direct me in finding a Cath Charge Sheet and nothing yet. lol

Ugh,,, it would make my world easier until I can create my own.. Right now working two jobs I don't have that time. Lets keep each other informed.

Are you looking for something that explains each cath code a little more? I am uncertain of what exactly it is you are looking for. I have a book from Lauren and I will see if it has a cath code charge sheet in it.

2013 Coronay Diagnostic Coding Sheet

Is this the information you are looking for or helpful in any way?

DIAGNOSTIC (NonCongenita l)
  • Right heart catheterization, including measurements when performed 93451
  • Left heart catheterization, including left ventriculography when performed 93452
  • Combined left and right heart catheterization including left ventriculography when performed 93453
  • Coronary angiography only, without left or right heart catheterization 93454
  • Coronary angiography without left or right heart cath, with angiography of bypass graft(s) 93455
  • Coronary angiography with right heart cath 93456
  • Coronary angiography with angiography of bypass graft(s) and right heart cath 93457
  • Coronary angiography with left heart cath, including left ventriculography when performed 93458
  • Coronary angiography with left heart cath with angiography of bypass graft(s) including left ventriculography when performed 93459
  • Coronary angiography with left and right heart cath, including left ventriculography when performed 93460
  • Coronary angiography with left and right heart cath, with angiography of bypass graft(s) including left ventriculography when performed 93461

DIAGNOSTIC (Congenita l)
  • Right heart catheterization, for congenital cardiac anomalies 93530
  • Combined right heart catheterization and retrograde left heart catheterization, for congenital cardiac anomalies 93531
  • Combined right heart catheterization and transseptal left heart catheterization through intact septum with orwithout retrograde left heart catheterization, for congenital cardiac anomalies 93532
  • Combined right heart catheterization and transseptal left heart catheterization through existing septal opening, with or without retrograde left heart catheterization, for congenital cardiac anomalies 93533
  • Injection procedure, including S&I, for selective coronary angiography during congenital heart cath 93563 (+)
  • Injection procedure, including S&I, for selective angiography of venous or arterial bypass graft(s) during congenital cath 93564 (+)
  • Injection procedure, including S&I, for selective left ventricular or left atrial angiography during congenital heart cath 93565 (+)

Last edited:
Thank You

Do you have any information on what modifiers to use, when and for whom? I have been getting denials from Medicare on my stenting codes.
Modifiers, modifiers, modifiers.......always something!!!

I really appreciate your help!

LM - Left Main Coronary Artery
LD - Left Anterior Descending Artery
LC - Left Circumflex Artery
RC - Right Coronary Artery
RI - Ramus Intermedius

Hope this helps

2013 cath billing sheet

I emailed a sample of 2013 cath billing slip to you. I hope you find it helpful.

Medicare is not recognizing the LD, etc modifiers, right now. If you are receiving denials, you need to take them off and rebill. I've contacted our provider rep at Noridian and she didn't know there was a problem. Not sure what the fix is.

LHC procedure or surgery?

When it's proper to bill an E/M code the same day as a Left Heart Cath, which modifier is correct? 25 or 57? I just received a call from a fellow cardiology coder and she has been told to use 25 because a LHC is not a surgery.

Cynthia

When it's proper to bill an E/M code the same day as a Left Heart Cath, which modifier is correct? 25 or 57? I just received a call from a fellow cardiology coder and she has been told to use 25 because a LHC is not a surgery.

Cynthia

Modifier -25 because cardiac caths/stents have a zero day global.

-57 modifier is reserved for those surgeries with a 90 day global period.

Jessica CPC, CCC

cardio codes

I teach coding & billing for Cardio. I have cheat that I can share upon request.

Just send me an email.

-Rhonda

My name is Christal and I work for a cardiologist in Las Vegas can you please forward your cheat sheet that you have for the new cardiology cpt codes, it would be very helpful. My email is CHRISTALH @LV-RAD.COM.

Thanks

Christal /Sherry

Hi Rhonda,

I am new to cardio coding, I would really appreciate if you could share your cheat sheet with me that would really help me

Thanks in Advance!
Vibha