Wiki How to bill??

Beany011178

Networker
Best answers
I have a patient that was transferred to another facility OOT due to having severe pre-eclampsia and delivered at 32 weeks by C-section. The patient then came back to our office for her C-section check. Not her postpartum visit, that she will come back for in another 3-4 weeks. How do I bill the C-section check? Doctor is really just checking incision to make sure it is healing ok. Can anything be billed?

Beany

Wouldnt it still be part of her global period?
I have a patient that was transferred to another facility OOT due to having severe pre-eclampsia and delivered at 32 weeks by C-section. The patient then came back to our office for her C-section check. Not her postpartum visit, that she will come back for in another 3-4 weeks. How do I bill the C-section check? Doctor is really just checking incision to make sure it is healing ok. Can anything be billed?

I would agree that you can bill an e/m code since your doc did not do the delivery, therefore, the global billing does not apply. You will also be able to bill the postpartum visit when she comes back.

coding a cesarean wound check

I don't need a pregancy code with a 5th digit of 4, in addition to the aftercare code?