Wiki ICD 10 FOR "Diabetic Foot"

dgunn

Contributor
Best answers
What would be the ICD 10 code for "Diabetic foot?" That's the specific wording given by the provider. No mention of neuropathy or ulcers or anything like that.

Help!

What does the examination note state? I would not code on the basis of just the wording diabetic foot. If you read the exam note there should be greater detail, if not, then the provider should be asked to amend the note with greater detail of the condition.

What does the examination note state? I would not code on the basis of just the wording diabetic foot. If you read the exam note there should be greater detail, if not, then the provider should be asked to amend the note with greater detail of the condition.

Good point. I'd be very curious how a foot gets diabetes and the rest of the body is fine :D. I do wonder why Dr's think they can be so vague.

Good point. I'd be very curious how a foot gets diabetes and the rest of the body is fine :D. I do wonder why Dr's think they can be so vague.

Same. Lol. I am auditing and the code selected was E11.621. Clearly this is the wrong code, as there is no ulcer documented. The patient was there for a diabetic foot exam. Nothing abnormal. I'm thinking E11.9, unless I can get the provider to elaborate.

Last edited by a moderator: