Wiki Infected Nexplanon

jreevs

New
Best answers
Two visits a month apart. 1st was for the insertion of the Nexplanon (11981/j7307). Then weeks later came in, Nexplanon was found to be too superficial and now infected. So, removed and re-inserted in other arm (11983-52 (reduced service to reduce charge since it's not really patient's fault for infection)/j7307 + T8579XA for diagnosis code. Patient is still stuck with paying for the drug itself x2 (Nexplanon's are quite expensive). What have you all done in this scenario? I didn't come up with anything when I searched the forum but this has to have happened before.

Two visits a month apart. 1st was for the insertion of the Nexplanon (11981/j7307). Then weeks later came in, Nexplanon was found to be too superficial and now infected. So, removed and re-inserted in other arm (11983-52 (reduced service to reduce charge since it's not really patient's fault for infection)/j7307 + T8579XA for diagnosis code. Patient is still stuck with paying for the drug itself x2 (Nexplanon's are quite expensive). What have you all done in this scenario? I didn't come up with anything when I searched the forum but this has to have happened before.
The -52 is not appropriate in this case because there was no reduction in service. If it were my practice and the error was provider caused I would eat the cost of the of the Nexplnon replacement and insertion as a gesture of good patient relations. Coding cannot fix this issue for you.