Question Physician Group Drive through COVID test site

jazzinaro

New
Best answers
I am trying to determine if my large Physician Group can have a drive through COVID testing site. Can the group have patients go to the corporate office parking lot for testing? if so how would the group bill for this? Does the corporate office site need to be enrolled?

Best answers
We are testing the Rapid lab tests through Drive-thru and has been a success but at our facility. Nurses take vitals and ask necessary questions and Providers performing the actual test and we are billing 99212 with 87426,QW and getting payment from ins. We are also going to nursing homes off facility site and billing the just the lab test 87426 with modifier QW. When we go offsite we still bill under our facility group and receiving payment. The only insurances that are not paying at the moment is Traditional Medicare and all Medicaid Programs.

Last edited:
Best answers
We are testing the Rapid lab tests through Drive-thru and has been a success but at our facility. Nurses take vitals and ask necessary questions and Providers performing the actual test and we are billing 99212 with 87426,QW and getting payment from ins. We are also going to nursing homes off facility site and billing the just the lab test 87426 with modifier QW. When we go offsite we still bill under our facility group and receiving payment. The only insurances that are not paying at the moment is Traditional Medicare and all Medicaid Programs.
Do you mind sharing the reimbursement for the 87426. I am unable to locate on any payer site including Medicare and Private Ins.