Wiki Sequencing. Help! actually just HELP!!!

cmonroe

Best answers
I had a bill kicked back from Aetna for dx codes. I have PSC as my primary and the doc wanted this attached with liver transplant recipient, as well as UC and jaundice. I only have 4 dx available to me with the current system. I keep finding that I want to code T86.49- other complication of liver transplant, K83.01 PSC, R17-Jaundice, K51.90 UC but not sure if this should be listed first since there is no mention of relation to the transplant complication? Or if I should swap out 1 of the complication codes for D89.813- Graft vs Host Disease in addition to the T code and manifestation codes and leave out the UC? I just keep going in an ever larger circle repeatedly. Please. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Seguencing Help!!

Remember what is the patient being seen/treated for on this encounter? If transplant then you would code encounter for that first, then the reason (diagnoses) for needing the transplant, and so forth, e.g. status', histories if applicable.

Sequencing Help

Also, depends of course on what CPTs/service you are billing, along with the dXs? Can give more guidance with that, if needed?