Symbols/Alerts with Z Codes
Crosswalk Between CPT and G Codes
2019 CPT® Professional Edition
CPT Updates in 2019
- - 335 code changes
- - 212 new
- - 50 revised
- - 73 deleted
This code book, published by the American Medical Association (AMA), is essential to every medical coder and medical coding student. The recognized manual for all CPT® procedural and service codes, this is the only CPT® book that can be taken to a credentialing exam.
AMA develops the codes, descriptions, and guidelines with input from throughout the healthcare community - including AAPC – and the code set is mandated by federal law. There is no more authoritative book for CPT® than the original. Get yours from AAPC. Here is what makes this year’s CPT® Professional special:
- New for 2019 -More full-color procedural illustration - Better understand what the procedure or service documented by the provider was.
- New for 2019 - Notes pages at the end of every code section and subsection - Writing in your book is essential to be successful in medical coding and billing.
- New for 2019 - Updated with new, changed, and deleted codes - Be up-to-date with new developments in CPT® coding and billing.
- CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant, and Clinical Examples citations - Find out where additional AMA guidelines and tips are for the codes you are reporting.
- Comprehensive Index - AMA’s index makes it much easier to find the codes you need
- Coding Tips - Improve your understanding of the nuances of the code set.
- Section Specific Contents - Find pages by CPT® code section, speeding your navigation of this essential tool.
- 18 Comprehensive E/M Code Selection Tables - These exclusive aids help you and your providers choose and report the best E/M codes for each service.
- Adhesive Section Tabs - Tabbing your book is essential to confident medical coding.
* CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association