Defeat the challenges that threaten your E/M claims and compliance success.
Evaluation and management (E/M) services are the lifeblood of your revenue stream, and yet they’re the most problematic to report. Claim denials remain high. E/M coding errors, in fact, rose from 11.9% in 2018 to account for 12.8% of CMS’s overall 2019 improper payment rate. How much E/M revenue are you losing?
Safeguard your organization from claim denials and audit scrutiny with the Evaluation & Management Coding Reference Guide. Our experts break down E/M coding rules and requirements into simple, manageable steps written in everyday language to boost your E/M reporting skills. Learn how to capture the key components of medical history, physical exam, and medical decision-making—and capitalize on real-world clinical scenarios to prevent over- or under-coding.
The Evaluation & Management Coding Reference Guide will help you understand the 2021 E/M guideline changes that overhauled new and established office and outpatient services, and walk you through online digital E/M services, remote physiologic monitoring, and more.
Master the ins and outs of E/M coding—CPT® guidelines, level of service, modifiers, regulations, and documentation guidelines. Put an end to avoidable denials and optimize your E/M claims for full and prompt reimbursement.
Benefit from expert tutorials covering the spectrum of E/M reporting concepts and challenges:
- Get to know the 2021 guideline changes and their impact on your organization
- Master the ins and outs of E/M guidelines in CPT®
- Capture the seven components of E/M services
- Sort out medical decision-making coding
- Avoid the pitfalls of time-based coding
- Nail down specifics for critical care E/M services
- Clear up modifier confusion
- Understand NPPs rules for same-day E/M services
- Take the guesswork out of complexity determinations
- Get the details on coding surgery and E/M together
- Learn the principles of E/M documentation
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you already have the first edition of a Medical Reference Guide, the updates to the second edition are very minimal. These editions are intended for first-time buyers.
Work from anywhere! eBooks can be accessed from devices including desktops, laptops, smart phones and tablets. Carry your favorite coding books, specialty guides, and reference guides with you wherever you go.
Some of the key features of AAPC eBooks are:
- Create and update Digital Flashcards
- Highlight important lines and save custom notes
- Share notes with other users
- Use the search bar to find anything you need
- Access your eBooks from any of your devices
- Bookmark pages to easily find your favorites
- eBooks can be accessed online or offline
Note: Purchased eBooks may not be printed and are non-refundable.