HCPCS Level II Expert
2018 HCPCS Level II book ships by August 1st. All other books in the bundle will ship immediately. Have an exam before Aug 1st? Please call 800-626-2633.
Make your coding easier and more accurate with the Procedure Desk Reference
Symbols/Alerts with Z Codes
Crosswalk Between CPT and G Codes
2018 HCPCS Level II Expert Codebook
Hundreds of annual changes mean that if you use HCPCS Level II for durable medical equipment (DME), chemotherapy injections, Medicare services, ambulance, quality reporting, or other medical services and supplies, you need the 2018 HCPCS Level II Expert codebook. Using the most up-to-date information is necessary to complying with HIPAA, reducing denied claims, and receiving prompt payments.
These special codes for medical supplies, injectables, etc. are often overlooked or used improperly. AAPC's 2018 HCPCS Level II codebook is a cost-effective and efficient way to ensure your practice is getting paid for these items without having to re-file. This book is more than just a listing of codes; it includes rules for code usage, tips on code selection, and other helpful features. This expert edition book details all the supplementary codes required by CMS for supplies and services not listed in the CPT® .
Our official HCPCS Level II also is ideal for coding education and is developed for AAPC’s certification exams.
Key features and Benefits:
- NEW! HCPCS G codes to CPT crosswalk.
- Comprehensive 2018 Code Updates - Review all the new, changed, deleted, and long-standing codes and modifiers for 2018.
- Expanded Index - Locate the right codes easier with tons of new index entries.
- More Brand Name Drugs in Table of Drugs - Find new drugs by generic and brand name to help ease drug coding.
- Modifiers Easier to Find and Use - Discover how easy modifiers are to find and append, including ambulance, anesthesia, AMA’s CPT® , and others.
- Additional Information for Each Chapter - Learn more about the codes and their use in each chapter.
- PQRS Icons - Recognize potential for Medicare value based payments under the Physician Quality Reporting System.
- APC Status Indicators and ASC Designation Symbols - Determine which codes are payable under OPPS, which codes enable billing using ASC groupings, and how to accurately use each to help ensure appropriate billing and reimbursement.
- DMEPOS Icon - Distinguish codes paid under the DMEPOS fee schedule to improve efficiency when coding for supplies that should be submitted under the system to durable medical payers.
- In-depth Illustrations - Enhance your coding process and accuracy for supplies and services with detailed visual references.
- AHA Coding Clinic for HCPCS References - Receive added support with articles on difficult-to-code HCPCS Level II codes or sections.
- Color-coded Bars and Icons - Spot important information to help reduce inaccurate and denied claims with informative flags signaling Pub. 100 references, age and sex edits, quantity alerts, new/deleted/revised code changes, and government coverage and rules for each code.
- User-friendly Appendixes - Navigate additional information easily with structured references and excerpts.
- Spiral Binding - Enjoy a book that lays flat for easy-to-use coding and durability.