AAPC's CIC® Certification Study Guide is designed to help you prepare for your CIC exam. Twelve chapters will guide you through a review of ICD-10-CM diagnosis and ICD-10-PCS procedure coding for acute care facilities, as well as documentation standards, anatomy, medical terminology, pharmacology, compliance regulations, and outpatient and inpatient reimbursement systems.
The CIC® Certification Study Guide covers every section you’ll encounter on the exam. You’ll also receive testing tips to help you ensure your best performance on the CIC exam.
Note: This guide is not an introduction to inpatient coding but a review of inpatient coding concepts.
- Study guide written by same inpatient coding experts who wrote the CIC exam
- Anatomy and medical terminology review
- Practical examples
- Testing techniques for CIC exam
- Questions designed to imitate the CIC certification exam
- Each chapter review includes 10 questions geared to test important coding concepts
- Practice exam including 20 question multiple choice and 5 fill-in-the-blank coding cases with answers and rationales
AAPC's CIC Online Practice Exams will add an extra 60 multiple choice questions and 10 fill-in-the-blank coding cases to your preparation and are highly recommended to complement this study guide.