AAPC's CIC™ Certification Study guide is specifically designed to help individuals prepare for the CIC™ exam. Twelve chapters will guide you through a review of anatomy, and terminology, ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS diagnosis and procedure coding for acute care facilities, outpatient reimbursement concepts, and inpatient reimbursement concepts. This covers all the content sections found on the exam and will also provide you with testing tips for taking the AAPC's CIC™ exam.
The study guide is not an introduction to coding but a review of coding concepts.
- Anatomy and Medical Terminology Review
- Practical Examples
- Testing Techniques for CIC™ exam
- Questions designed to mimic the CIC™ certification exam
- Each chapter includes ten review questions geared to test important coding concepts
- Study guide written by same task force who wrote the CIC™ exam
- Practice exam including 20 question multiple choice and 5 fill-in-the-blank coding cases with answers and rationales
AAPC's CIC™ Online Practice Exams are highly recommended to supplement this study guide. These online practice exams will add an additional 60 multiple choice questions and 10 fill-in-the-blank coding cases to your preparation.