COC Accelerated Course for CPCs
This condensed course teaches an existing CPC® the regulatory requirements for an outpatient hospital/facility and ASC setting and prepares a CPC to
take AAPC's COC™ (formerly CPC-H®) exam for a career in medical coding. It is aimed at teaching the design of facilities, compliance in the facility, and various CMS payment systems including the
Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS). This course also covers a summary of the correct application of CPT®, HCPCS Level II procedure and supply codes, and ICD-10-CM diagnosis
codes used for coding and billing outpatient facility and ASC services to insurance companies. This course will not cover inpatient hospital coding in any detail.
Save 28% through Aug 31st
- AAPC membership and CPC certification required for enrollment
- Prepares a CPC to receive AAPC’s COC credential and qualify for a career as a medical coder in an hospital outpatient or ASC setting
- Offers online reading materials and assignments as well as audio lectures to add to the student’s learning experience
- A team of expert AAPC certified coaches are available to assist and answer student’s questions as needed
- Provides the flexibility to complete coursework at home on your own schedule
- Approved for 22 CEUs upon completion (excluding CPCO, CPMA, CIRCC, & Specialty Certifications)
- Must be completed within a three (3)-month period or less from date of purchase (additional time extensions may be purchased for $29.95 per month)
- Highly recommended courses (or equivalent knowledge): Anatomy | Medical Terminology
- Required materials (not included with course): AMA’s CPT® Professional | ICD-10-CM | HCPCS Level II (code book year should match course year)
- For more course details: COC Accelerated Course Syllabus
Enroll in the COC Accelerated Course
AAPC Membership and CPC certification required for enrollment. Enroll after reading through the course/system requirements.
Course + Exam + 3 Practice Exams -
$1,099.85 $795 (CPC certified members only)
Course - $595 (CPC certified members only)
By purchasing any online course and other items, I certify that I have read and agree to the online course Terms and Conditions and the
Date of purchase is considered your course start date, additional time will be given for processing of your order. After your order is processed you will receive further email instruction on
The COC™ exam voucher and practice exams are valid for 12 months from date of purchase. Membership is required to take any AAPC examination.
Course/System Requirements (not included):
- Current AAPC membership and CPC certification required for enrollment
- Code Books
- AMA’s CPT® Professional, course year
- ICD-10-CM, course year
- HCPCS Level II, course year
Students enrolling in AAPC exam preparation courses CPC, COC, CPB, and CPMA are required to purchase the CPT®, ICD-10-CM,and HCPCS Level II code books, CRC exam preparation students are required to purchase a ICD-10-CM code book, and CIC exam preparation students are required to purchase the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS code books. The course and exam are updated each calendar year. Students may use current calendar year and/or the previous year's code books when taking any AAPC examination. However, it is strongly suggested that only current manuals be used for both the course and the certification exam. Students may need to consider purchasing code books fortwo different calendar years, if their exam is taken in a different calendar year than their course. AAPC certification examinations will contain questions regarding ICD-10 codes beginning January 1, 2016.
- Anatomy online course and Medical Terminology online course or prior knowledge in
both of these areas strongly recommended.
- Medical dictionary (recommended)
- Computer with: