Wiki Exam Prep Helpful Tips/Advice

I have now taken exam twice, and unfortunately have failed with a score of 48 second chance 40%, i had books from 2014 books i graduated with, and i actually felt pretty good the second time around, and was shocked to see a lower score, on that note , i highly recommend having current icd9 etc books, i noticed i didnt have alot of codes and therefore had to choice from one i had.. so i will study and have current books my third time.
Angela, CBCS

Read all of the guidelines. Highlight things that are important. I had to go through and highlight all of the parenthetic instructions. Get the study guide and practice tests. I did the practice tests over and over. I had 3 practice tests that were 50 questions each and ended up doing them 6 times. My story is, I took the COC program and took the exam twice, got a 66% and a 69%. I gave up at this point and about 5 months later a job opportunity landed in my lap for a cpc position. I took the job and had to pass the cpc within 3 months. I studied everyday for 10 weeks and took the cpc exam and passed with an 87%. You can do this. Good luck.

CPC Exam Fail!

I took the CPC Exam on my first try and did about as "bad"as I felt afterwards. Although I did study during a relocation and move from one state to another. This second time is my goal for a better score and allow myself a little more time to study and take the practice exams until I feel satisfied with my practice scores.

I took the exam back in October and passed with a 90%. Best advice my instructor gave me was to start from the back and work towards the front. The hardest ones seem to be in the front (integumentary, cardiac). I finished pretty close to the end time but I did finish and did well. Also, don't stall on one question, if you are stuck and debating, just mark it and move on. Hope this helps!!