It's not the quantity of clinical documentation that matters—it's the quality.
Is your clinical documentation improvement (CDI) program identifying your outliers? Does your documentation capture the level of ICD-10 coding specificity required to achieve optimal reimbursement? Are you clear on how to fix your coding and documentation shortfalls?
Providing the most complete and accurate coding of diagnoses and site-specific procedures will vastly improve your practice’s bottom line. Get the help you need with the Clinical Documentation Reference Guide.
This start-to-finish CDI primer covers medical necessity, joint/shared visits, incident-to billing, preventative care visits, the global surgical package, complications and comorbidities, hospice, home health, and CDI for EMRs.
Learn the all-important steps to ensure your records capture what your physicians perform during each encounter. Benefit from methods to effectively communicate CDI concerns and protocols to your providers. Leverage the practical and effective guidance in AAPC’s Clinical Documentation Reference Guide to triumph over your toughest documentation challenges.
Prevent documentation deficiencies and keep your claims on track for optimal reimbursement:
- Understand the legal aspects of documentation
- Anticipate and avoid documentation trouble spots
- Keep compliance issues at bay
- Learn proactive measures to eliminate documentation problems
- Work the coding mantra—specificity, specificity, specificity
- Avoid common documentation errors identified by CERT and RACs
- Know the facts about EMR templates—and the pitfalls of auto-populate features
- Master documentation in the EMR with guidelines and tips
- Conquer CDI time-based coding for E/M
The Clinical Documentation Reference Guide is approved for use during the CDEO® certification exam.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you already have the first edition of a Medical Reference Guide, the updates to the second edition are very minimal. These editions are intended for first-time buyers.
Work from anywhere! eBooks can be accessed from devices including desktops, laptops, smart phones and tablets. Carry your favorite coding books, specialty guides, and reference guides with you wherever you go.
Some of the key features of AAPC eBooks are:
- Create and update Digital Flashcards
- Highlight important lines and save custom notes
- Share notes with other users
- Use the search bar to find anything you need
- Access your eBooks from any of your devices
- Bookmark pages to easily find your favorites
- eBooks can be accessed online or offline
Note: Purchased eBooks may not be printed and are non-refundable.