Complete 2011 ICD-9 Coding Updates
Alice Marie Reybitz, CPC, COC
- Broadcast On:
9/16/2010 at 11:00 AM MST (now available on-demand)
- Presentation Length: 60 minutes
- CEUs: 1 CEU
This webinar is being presented to acquaint the coder with the changes in the ICD-9 coding nomenclature for 2011. These code changes are taken from the CMS website and research is done as to the rationale behind the change and that is presented along with the changes to allow the coders to look at their practice and see which codes may affect them and they can better prepare for those changes.
You Will Learn
- Several new codes for tracking the accuracy of blood transfusion reactions, along with the statistics as to why this degree of specificity is important
- What a sentinel event is, and its importance in reporting
- A whole new collection of pregnancy codes and new terminology for women who cannot carry a pregnancy to term.
This ICD-9 Update
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q/A and any other event materials
- Earn 1 CEU (per attendee)
Already registered? Log in
2011 Complete Update Series
- Live three-part webinar series with expert analysis and Q/A
- On-demand access to full webinar broadcasts
- Printable rationale manuals
- Includes 2011 ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS Coding Updates
- Earn up to five (5) CEUs
*Webinars are for personal or single-office (e.g. a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, retransmitted, shared or disseminated. In addition, AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or subscription webinar license. A computer with a high speed Internet connection and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.
About The Presenter
Alice Marie Reybitz, RN, BA, CPC, COC, CPC-I, CHI
Alice is presently working with the AAPC online curriculum products as an instructor and reviewer. Alice has worked in the medical field for 20+ years. Recently she served tenure as Director of Medical Billing and Coding for the Keiser Education System. She holds a current nursing license for the state of FL and has served as the charge nurse on the Progressive Care, Orthopaedic, and Neurosurgical Units. She has worked in Long Term Care as the biller, business office director, and RN supervisor. She has been published in several professional nursing and coding publications. Alice has spoken at symposiums and conferences and has recently reviewed several books in the coding field. Most recently she collaborated for a revision of Understanding Hospital Billing and Coding by Debra Ferenc, CPC, COC, CPC-I.