2022 CMS Changes to Reporting Shared Services
Learn more about this event
At the beginning of 2022, CMS implemented important changes that will significantly impact billing shared services between physicians and NPPs. They also proposed more changes to be made at the start of 2023. Shared services is an area of frustration and confusion for many providers and coders.
In this webinar we will talk about the differences between the old and new shared services guidelines. When can you bill for shared services, who should bill for the shared services, what risks are there with billing shared services, and what types of services can be billed as shared services? We will also cover what changes are coming in 2023 and what impacts they may have on your practice.
Why is this topic important?
This topic is a recent and major change that significantly impacts when providers can bill for shared services and what is needed in order to support billing for shared services. There are more changes coming in 2023 and this webinar will help attendees prepare for those changes coming.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Coders, providers, scribes, practice managers, and administrators.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
The latest shared services guidelines and an accurate scope of what changes may come in 2023.
What is the presenter's background/expertise on this topic?
Christopher has specialized in NPP services and shared services for five years. He is also a member of the APP Committee for Intermountain Healthcare and has spoken twice at the APPex Leadership Summit, the society for APP leaders.
About The Author
Christopher Chandler, CPC, CGSC
As a Technical Manager of documentation and coding, Christopher works on a system-wide level to consult, educate, and present to providers, staff, and operational leaders regarding coding guidelines and payer policies. He specializes in surgery, non-physician practitioners, and GME coding. He has spoken at the AAPC’s Healthcon and regional conferences, and been a speaker for multiple webinars. He also teaches the medical coding class for Salt Lake Community College.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 98.33 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page