Common Denials: Definition, Cause, Resolution, Prevention
March 02, 2022 11:00am MT
Learn more about this event
Have you ever been overwhelmed with denial management? Maybe you are responsible for a list of denied claims or maybe you are responsible for reducing the number of denials. This webinar will reduce the overwhelm by simplifying common denials by breaking them down into what they are, how they are caused, suggestions for resolution and best practice tips for prevention.
Why is this topic timely/important?
Claim denials can sink a profit margin. And given that appeals cost a practice roughly $118 per claim to resolve, not all denials can be reworked. Even if you don’t appeal and you are investigating and resubmitting, the practice loses an average of $25 per claim. Apply this math to your practice or organization and you will find that understanding denial prevention is key to increasing revenue.
Who would benefit from this topic?
The cause, resolution and prevention of a denial involves anyone who has a role in the revenue cycle of the practice or organization. The payment poster to the revenue cycle director can contribute to the success of denial management.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Each attendee will receive practical suggestions on how to resolve and prevent the most common denials that can be applied immediately to the best practices of their organization.
What is the presenter's background/expertise on this topic?
I am a physician revenue cycle operations and process improvement leader and educator with more than 15 years of proven ability to improve revenue flow. I have applied these skills in the roles of internal auditor, revenue cycle assessor, consultant and project analyst. Denial management is a particular interest of mine because it is often at the heart of improving revenue cycle efficiency and effectiveness.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.80 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 160+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page