ENT Procedures, Surgeries and Other Hot Topics
Learn more about this event
This webinar will encompass a review of coding an office visit with a procedure on the same day and use of modifier 25. Then we will explore coding for surgical interventions using steroid implants and stents, nasal cryoablation, and nasal wall implants. In addition, we will tackle other hot topics such as diagnostic scopes, eustachian tube dilation, and hypoglossal nerve stimulation, followed by a look at the global surgical package in relation to functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS), septoplasty, and post-op debridement. Lastly, we’ll discuss cerumen removal and how documentation can make all the difference.
Why is this topic important?
ENT Coding has specific nuances that other specialties do not have.
Who would benefit from this topic?
Billers, A/R analyst, auditors and coders.
What information or new skills will the attendee take away from this webinar?
Proper use of modifier 25 with an E/M and a procedure on the same day. An understanding of surgical interventions and the surgical global package.
What’s the presenter's background/expertise on this topic?
Michelle has been coding ENT for almost 15 years and is a PMCC instructor. She write articles for ENT Voice on coding and revenue cycle management and a member of the ASCENT education committee. Michelle was a contributing author to both editions of the Essential Guide to Coding in Otolaryngology.
About The Author
Michelle M Mesley-Netoskie, COC, CPC, CPB, CPMA, CPPM, CRC, CPC-I
Michelle Netoskie, COPM, CPC, CPMA, CPPM, COC, CRC, CPC-I is a Revenue Cycle Management Specialist at Albany ENT & Allergy Services. She has more than 30 years experience in Revenue Cycle Management. Michelle is an author, instructor, and frequent speaker for local chapters in upstate NY and ASCENT national conference.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 97.45 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page