Medicare: Untangling Teaching Physician Billing Rules
Learn more about this event
Medicare’s Teaching Physician billing rules have been a source of frustration and even fear ever since the current generation of these rules took effect in 1996. What exactly are the current rules? What revisions have been made since 1996? What are the best interpretations available to clarify the gray areas within these guidelines? When specific documentation examples are not given by Medicare, what is the best verbiage to use to demonstrate that the Teaching Physician participated in the service to the extent required for Part B billing? Answers to these questions and more will be considered in this 1-hour webinar.
About The Author
Timothy Seth Canterbury, CPC, CPC-I
Seth Canterbury is the Manager of Clinical Data Quality Education with the University of Florida Jacksonville Physicians, Inc., the physician practice billing for the professional services of UF providers in Jacksonville, FL.
Seth began his career in healthcare as an Evaluation and Management coding consultant. At the University of Florida Jacksonville Physicians, Inc., Seth has continued to provide ongoing instruction to providers and billing staff on a wide variety of topics that relate not only to professional fee coding but also to billing compliance issues such as teaching physician and non-physician practitioner billing rules.
Seth has also developed many educational tools used by physicians nation-wide and regularly participates in conferences and seminars as a guest speaker, as well as providing ongoing consultant services.
Seth received his Certified Professional Coder (CPC) and Instructor (CPC-I) certifications from the AAPC in 2001 and 2012 (respectively), and has also been certified with the Board of Medical Specialty Coding as an Advanced Coding Specialist-Evaluation and Management Coding Auditor since 2006. He received a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from The University of Georgia in 1999.
Two ways to register for this event
This event was recommended by 98.18 % of your peers.You rated this event:
- Individual access only
- 1 CEU
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile downloading for offline viewing
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any other event materials
- 40+ live webinars each year (including this event)
- 1 CEU per webinar (40+ annually)
- Online streaming via desktop or mobile device, or downloading for offline viewing
- Access to a growing number of on-demand events (includes over 250+ on-demand recordings)
- A library of topics to choose from: coding, billing, auditing, compliance, and practice management, covering more than 20 specialties
- For more details visits our annual subscription page