AAPC's COC® Certification Study Guide is a vital tool to help you get ready to take the COC exam. Our experts provide you with a review of anatomy and medical terminology, ICD-10-CM, HCPCS Level II, and CPT® coding, in addition to key payment methodologies such as revenue codes, DRGs, and the Outpatient Prospective Payment System.
The COC® Certification Study Guide will reinforce your COC training, helping you to prepare for both the COC exam and the field — which is why you’ll find each case involves at least two code sets. AAPC believes it’s important to reflect as accurate a coding setting as possible. With that aim, all examples and case studies in this guide are actual, redacted office visit and procedure notes.
Note: This study guide is not an introduction to outpatient coding but a review of outpatient coding concepts.
- Anatomy and medical terminology review
- Practical examples
- Questions designed to simulate the COC certification exam
- Each chapter includes 10+ review questions geared to test critical coding concepts
- 75 Test Your Knowledge questions with answers and rationales
- Testing techniques for COC exam
- Study guide written by same task force that wrote the COC exam
AAPC's COC Online Practice Exams provide an additional 150 questions and are highly recommended to supplement this study guide.