It’s that time again! More than 700 CPT® changes are being made for 2013:
- 186 new codes
- 119 deleted codes
- 263 revised codes
- 18 revised CPT® modifiers
- Guideline changes
For the lowest price anywhere ($25/CEU), get prepared now so you are ready when the 2013 CPT® code changes go into effect. Preparing for code updates is more than learning the codes and descriptions. You need to know how to apply the new codes and what should be documented to support the codes.
Our half-day interactive workshop will be available in a city near you (choose from 46 nationwide locations) and will provide personalized in-depth instruction and hands-on application of the coming code and guideline changes. You will also receive materials you can use as a reference throughout 2013.
- Learn how to apply the updates to common coding cases (hands-on exercises with expert presenters)
- Identify potential coding mistakes that will impact revenue as a result of these changes
- Get your office compliant ahead of the transition
- Review rationales for all major changes; understand the "what" and the "why"
- Prepare your physician for compliant documentation
- Receive an in-depth code change manual that explains the changes
- Manual includes rationales for all major changes – get the "why," not just the "what"
- On-demand recording included for all live participants (replay author's presentation as needed)
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.
Author: Raemarie Jimenez, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I, CANPC, CRHC
Raemarie manages the clinical development of the AAPC certification program and actively participates in the CPT® Editorial Panel. She is responsible for the implementation of code updates for all AAPC exams, exam preparation materials, and curriculum. Raemarie has over 20 years of experience in the health care industry including physician and outpatient facility audits and provider education.
Contributing Author: G. John Verhovshek, MA, CPC
John is Managing Editor for AAPC's publications. He has written, co-written, and edited dozens of coding and compliance resource manuals, including the Part B Survival Guide (1st edition) and The Official CPC Certification Study Guide (1st edition).