- Broadcast: Feb 20, 2014 at 8:00AM
- Presentation Length:
- On Demand available: Feb 20, 2014 at 5:00PM MDT *(Post-Event Recording)
- Author: Raemarie Jimenez, CPC, CDEO, CPB, CPMA, CPPM, CPC-I, CANPC, CRHC
- Corporate Members:
- Attendee Rating:
It’s that time again! More than 300 CPT® changes are being made for 2014:
- 175 new codes
- 47 deleted codes
- 107 revised codes
- Guideline changes
Preparing for 300+ code updates is more than just learning what has changed. You need to recognize why they’ve changed, how to apply the new codes, and what should be documented to support them. Our half-day, interactive workshop will provide personalized, in-depth instruction with hands-on application of the coming CPT® code and guideline changes. Your workshop manual then becomes your quick-reference tool to be used throughout 2014.
- Learn how to apply the updates to common coding cases (hands-on exercises with expert presenters)
- Identify potential coding mistakes that will impact revenue as a result of these changes
- Get your office compliant ahead of the transition
- Review rationales for all major changes; understand the "what" and the "why"
- Prepare your provider for compliant documentation
- Receive an in-depth code change manual that explains the changes
- Manual includes rationales for all major changes – get the "why," not just the "what"
- On-demand recording included for all live participants (replay author's presentation as needed)
Register to Access this On Demand Event
- Get access to the author-recorded webinar broadcast
- Includes electronic workbook, downloadable mp3, ipod/iphone video, and presentation slides
- Learn at your own pace with the ability to pause, rewind, etc.
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.
About The Author
Raemarie currently manages AAPC's product development, is a coding liaison to the AMA CPT® Editorial Panel, and has more than 20 years of experience in the medical field. With AAPC, she has also served as the clinical development manager for the exams program, national externship director, and as an advertising coordinator. Prior to joining AAPC, she spent many years at ConCorde Career Institute, Fla., where she served in several roles, including as an instructor for the coding and medical assistant programs. Ms. Jimenez has also worked as a medical assistant, billing and coding manager, instructor, auditor for outpatient and physician services, and physician educator. She received her BA in psychology from Florida Atlantic University.
Note: CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.