- Dates: On-demand
- Location: Virtual (online)
- Presentation Length:
- Author: Sarah Reed, BSE, CPC, CPC-I Senior Managing Consultant, Medical Revenue $olutions, LLC
- Corporate Members:
This interactive presentation will discuss the variety of roles a mid-level provider can play in your practice. We will define the types of mid-levels as well as discuss how the scope of practice and the Medicare/CMS guidelines define what services are best suited to a mid-level. It will also be important to discuss credentialing your mid-level. Additionally we will review some of the services that are often times left on the table and not billed or provided.
- Define what is considered a mid-level or Physician Extender
- Discuss the role of the mid-level
- Compare the incident to and independent visit guidelines
- Review how the state scope of practice and the CMS/Medicare rules work together
- Discuss the changes according to CMS that change mid-level services
- Credentialing of the mid-level and why that is important when available
- Split and shared visit rules will be identified and reviewed in case studies
- Suggestions of additional revenue sources for mid-levels
About The Author
Sarah Reed, BSE, CPC, CPC-I
Sarah Reed has over 37 years of experience in Healthcare with the majority spent in an administrative role in both academic and private practice settings. Sarah's roles have included auditor, coder, and educator. Sarah's favorite role in the past 35+ years has been the daily role of provider educator. Most recently she was responsible for the auditing and compliance in 15+ practice multi-specialty MSO. Sarah has aided in the development of the tracking program used by UMKC Orthopedic residency in certifying surgeries for board examination. She has helped create compliance programs and education in both the academic and private sector. Sarah has developed auditing programs to work under a CIA agreement. Recently Sarah has achieved her CPC-I and is a PMCC Instructor for the AAPC at Soerries Coding and Billing Institute. Sarah has been a speaker at local, regional and national conferences and has published articles in the Coding Edge for AAPC.
Sarah's peers have elected her Coder, Networker, and Educator of the Year for the AAPC of KC. She is past president of both the AAPC of KC and Northland Medical Managers. In 2008 Sarah was awarded the AAPC Regional Networker of the Year. In the past Sarah has actively participated in two colleges medical coding Advisory Boards. Sarah is currently a member of the WPS Medicare physician Advisory Board (POE-AG). Sarah is a Senior Managing Consultant for Medical Revenue Solutions, LLC.
Her personal mission is LEARN TEACH GROW.
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.