Modifiers - The Rest of the Story
Broadcast: Aug 24, 2011 at 8:30AM
On Demand Availability: August 24, 2011
Author: Jennifer R Swindle, CPC, CIC, CPMA, CEMC, CFPC
Learn how to tell the rest of the story with accurate and appropriate modifier use. Hands-on instruction will include case studies and specific examples, complete with notes to determine appropriate modifier use. Operative notes will be studied as well, in which modifiers would be necessary. Procedural and E/M modifiers will be discussed.
"While CPT and ICD-9-CM codes tell the story of any medical encounter, modifiers are often needed to enrich the detail of that story allowing payers to more fully understand and the details of the claim and request for payment.
This workshop will provide you with the fundamentals of correct and proper modifier usage allowing for more accurate and timely adjudication of your claims leading to appropriate reimbursement. This workshop includes information regarding some of the more misunderstood and misused modifiers such as; anesthesia, PQRI, and the new CMS modifier 33. There is time allotted during the workshop for discussion and hands-on practice of the information shared, allowing you to apply new skills." –Cynthia Stewart, CPC, CPC-H, CPMA, CPC-I, CCS-P, President, AAPC National Advisory Board
This Workshop Will Help You:
- Identify ALL allowable charges with modifiers
- Master the rules surrounding modifier use
- Recognize the specific circumstances in which a modifier is NOT appropriate
- Teach staff and physicians on appropriate modifier use with confidence
Register to Access this On Demand Event
- Get access to the author-recorded webinar broadcast
- Includes electronic workbook, downloadable mp3, ipod/iphone video, and presentation slides
- Learn at your own pace with the ability to pause, rewind, etc.
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.