Broadcast: Jun 25, 2021 at 2:00PM
On Demand Availability: June 25, 2021
Date: Goes live September 29, 2020 - Available from then on demand (Select an option below).
Start time: 7:30am PT / 8:30am MT / 9:30am CT / 10:30am ET
Presentation Length: 4 Hours
Author: Raemarie Jimenez, CPC, CIC, CPB, CPMA, CPPM, CPC-I, CCS
The purposes of this workshop are to provide the AAPC coding community with an overview of pharmacists’ patient care roles and responsibilities in evolving healthcare delivery systems and to present case study examples of successful health reporting and billing solutions.
Upon completion of this Workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the evolution of pharmacists’ patient care responsibilities from dispensing medications to assuming responsibilities for patients’ drug therapy outcomes.
- Understand health reporting nomenclature for pharmacists’ professional services.
- Discuss challenges and success in coding pharmacists’ patient care services, and in obtaining reimbursement for these services.
- Apply lessons learned from pharmacist/coding exemplars who have successfully navigated pharmacists’ services coding and billing systems in commercial payer and state government programs.
- Overview of pharmacists’ evolving professional responsibilities.
- Historical perspective of pharmacists’ exclusion from the list of healthcare providers eligible to submit claims to Medicare for Part B professional services.
- Summary of literature on the clinical, economic, and humanistic outcomes of pharmacist integration in high-performing healthcare delivery and financing systems.
- Description of the service using official health reporting nomenclature of CPT -Medication Therapy Management Services, including the development of a profession-wide consensus on the pharmacists’ patient care process.
- Overview of pharmacists’ clinical documentation.
- Review of national and state reimbursement requirements for pharmacists’ professional services in both government and commercial payer programs.
Register Today! Select Live or On-Demand Below:
| June 24th, 2021
||$149.95 (Non Members: $189.95)
|June 25th, 2021
||$149.95 (Non Members: $189.95)
About The Presenter
Brian J. Isetts, PhD, BCPS, FAPhA
Dr. Isetts' field of expertise is in the scholarship of caring, specifically studying the outcomes of medication therapy management services provided in integrated, team-based care settings. Research interests focus on the exchange of electronic health information to redesign the nation's medication use system. Also served as Co-Investigator on a three-year National Library of Medicine HIT grant titled, "Semantic Relatedness for Active Medication Safety and Outcomes," and served as a Health Policy Fellow at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Innovations in Washington, D.C.
- Alternate CPT Representative for Pharmacy (Pharmacy HIT Collaborative), American Medical Association, Current Procedural Terminology Advisory Panel
- Chairman, Workgroup 1-CPT Coding, Pharmacy Health Information Technology Collaborative
- Member, CMS Part D MTM Program Technical Expert Panel
- Member, Pharmacy Quality Alliance – University of Minnesota Representative
*On demand and virtual workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.