Get the answers to these questions and much more at our Advanced Surgical Chart Auditing workshop in March!
Locate a Workshop
Take the 5-question quiz (created from our Advanced Surgical Chart Auditing workshop curriculum) to find out.
1. Simple lysis of adhesions can be billed separately?
2. Informed consent can be obtained after the procedure has started?
3. It's okay to state, "All risks and benefits have been explained," without identifying the risks discussed?
4. Audit findings should be:
Summarized and reported directly to the Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
Summarized and reported directly to the provider with education provided if mistakes are found
Summarized and filed with past audits
Discussed with the provider and filed with past audits
Summarized, discussed with the provider, and then promptly shredded for HIPAA compliance
5. To accurately audit the surgical medical record, the auditor must have a good understanding of which of the following:
Surgical terminology and anatomy
Surgery coding guidelines
Insurance carrier rules
Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits
All of the above
Contact us at 844-825-1679.